Centennial Gun Club will facilitate the transfer of firearms from other Federal Firearms License holders to our members and customers. We ask that you use the following procedures to make the transfer as smooth as possible.
- Please have the transferring FFL to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Your name and contact information including your email address and phone number (We will need this to get in touch with you when your firearm is ready to be transferred to you)
- Information on the firearm being transferred including; make, model and serial number
- A copy of the selling dealer’s Federal Firearms License
- We will promptly respond to that dealer and exchange the required information including a copy of our Federal Firearms License.
- We encourage you to get a tracking number for your firearm from the shipping dealer. Centennial Gun Club can accept no responsibility for tracking shipments.
- Once Centennial Gun Club has received your firearm, it will take 24 to 72 hours to enter the firearm into our system and have it ready for transfer to you. We will contact you when the firearm is ready to be delivered to you.
- When you come in to pick up your firearm, you will be required to complete an ATF Form 4473 and we will conduct the background check. You will need to provide state-issued identification with your current address at the time the 4473 is completed. The State of Colorado now charges $10.50 to conduct the check and we will collect that fee at the time the background check is entered into the CBI system.
- Centennial Gun Club charges a fee for conducting the transfer. This fee is $50 per firearm for members and $95 per firearm for non-members.
- Upon successful completion of the background check and payment of transfer fees, the firearm will be transferred to you.
- We will only accept transfers from other federally licensed dealers, as we are not able to facilitate private-party transfers. If we receive a shipment from an individual or other non-licensed seller, we will return it to the sender.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Centennial Gun Club handle firearm transfers to another FFL?
- No, we are not equipped to ship firearms to other dealers
- Am I able to get a copy of Centennial Gun Club’s FFL to send to the seller?
- We will only send a copy of our FFL to other licensed dealers
- Does Centennial Gun Club handle NFA Transfers and is there a Storage Fee?
- Yes, Centennial Gun Club is happy to facilitate the transfer of NFA items such as suppressors and short-barreled rifles to our customers. If we are unable to procure the item you are interested in, we recommend ordering it from SilencerShop.com whenever possible, as our partnership with SilencerShop saves you from paying a transfer fee.
- Due to the liability inherent to transferring NFA items, and the storage space necessary to keep these items secure during the potentially lengthy Tax Stamp process, suppressors and other NFA devices ordered from dealers other than SilencerShop will be assessed a transfer/storage fee
- Centennial Gun Club members – $100.00
Non-members – $200.00
- Centennial Gun Club members – $100.00
- Why have I not been contacted even though freight tracking shows that the firearm was delivered to Centennial Gun Club?
- Depending on the volume of transfers we receive, from receipt of the firearm, it takes us 24 to 72 hours to receive the firearm into our system and have it ready to start the transfer procedure with you. We are unable to transfer any firearm that is not properly entered into our system. If the selling dealer has not provided us with your contact information we are unable to contact you. We are unable to process a transfer without proper ATF required documentation from the seller and Centennial Gun Club retains the right to return any firearm to the selling dealer at our sole discretion. It is a violation of Federal law to transfer a firearm without proper documentation.
- What if the firearm is damaged in shipment?
- Centennial Gun Club can take no responsibility for firearms damaged in shipment, warranties, or repair of the firearm.
- Will Centennial Gun Club facilitate private party firearms transfers?
- Due to recent changes in Colorado State law; Centennial Gun Club is no longer able to facilitate private party transfers of firearms.