Centennial Gun Club enjoys the advantage of having a skilled Gunsmithing organization, led by Bart Miller of Legacy Gunsmithing, this group is held in high regard for the level of skill and knowledge in the industry. There is now an opportunity to join this group as a Gunsmith and Service Writer.
This position would have a High School Diploma or equivalence and preferred training certification from an accredited gunsmith trade school. Two to three years’ experience in an active gunsmithing shop may supplant the trade school requirement.
The successful individual in this position will not only be very familiar with guns but also able to work extremely well with customers, able to help determine the issues a customer may have and convey requirements and expectations to the gunsmithing team at CGC.
Among the necessary skills:
- Always safety aware
- Comfortable and competent with computer systems
- Well organized, able to keep track of hundreds of guns and service tickets
- Extremely accurate and detail oriented.
- Very familiar with most types of guns, their mechanics, and potential failures
- Able to diagnose problems and issues a customer may have
- Sales minded, able to recommend options and opportunities to customers
- Solution oriented and customer focused
- Be proficient in ordering parts and keeping the paperwork organized
This is a full-time position; typical hours are Monday through Saturday (a day off mid-week plus Sunday)
Benefits after 90 days include medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K, employee discounts
Starting pay is $14.50/hr. after 30 days $15.00/hr.
Range Safety Officer (RSO)
- Manage safe practices on the range
- Inviting, accommodating and welcoming to our members and customers.
- If you enjoy guns and love interacting with people this could be a great fit.
- Fast-paced, people-oriented environment
- Can multi-task and looks for the bright side in each situation
- Work is challenging but fun
- Club and retail environment with a great and supportive team.
- Point of sale experience and familiarity with firearms is a plus
- Most important is the right attitude and a solid work ethic.
- If you are already NRA Range Safety Officer preferred, if not we will train you.
- Work requires flexibility of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- You must be at least 21 and able to pass a drug test and background check.
- If you just love guns but not serving people please don’t apply.
- If you love people and are dedicated to excellent customer service, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Proven track record in consumer sales and marketing
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to deal effectively with people inside and outside of the Company
- Ability to understand budgets, sales reports and other financial aspects of the Company
- Ability to provide forecasts and manage to budgets and forecasts
- Understanding of sales process management and quality improvement
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed sales and revenue objectives
- All inventory purchasing activities of Centennial Gun Club
- with retail management
- Management of inventory including inventory levels and presentation
- Assisting in maintenance of proper levels of products
- Physical inventory
- Cycle counts of firearms inventory
- Paperwork documentation and assurance on NFA items
- Customer Satisfaction of all customers of Centennial Gun Club
- Assisting with the attainment of product margin objectives
- Assisting with the development of product promotions, advertising, store signage, markdowns and promotional Purchasing and Inventory Management email campaigns in cooperation with retail management
- The Purchasing/Merchandising Assistant will work with all aspects of purchasing and assisting in the most advantageous methods to display and promote customer sales of products
- Assist ATF compliance and reporting
- Worker safety
- This individual will report to the Purchasing Manager who will coordinate with the Merchandising Manager on activities and responsibilities
- Other assignments as directed by the management
Higher Education required, Bachelor’s Degree or Master of Business Administration preferred.
One year of successful sales experience required, five or more experience preferred.
Position requires successful completion of a criminal background and drug testing.
If this is you, we look forward to meeting you!