- shooting basics
- defensive handgun selection
- discuss malfunctions
- escalation of force
- relevant laws
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
- Firearm familiarity (recommended)
- Prior shooting experience (recommended)
- Age 21+
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Revolver or pistol* (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Closed toe shoes
- *Available for Rental from CGC
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Concealed Carry handouts and paperwork
- Fingerprint card & Passport photo
- Eye & ear protection
- Certificate of completion (to present to your county sheriff)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A. Unfortunately, we’ve heard that too often. There are too many instructors that just take your cash and sign the form. We believe that this does a tremendous disservice to the gun community. We’ve had many compliments from folks that are glad they took our class, even though they already had a permit.
Q. I already have the Colorado permit, can I just get the Utah portion?
A. You certainly can, but Utah law requires that you complete the entire course. As a result, we’ll ask you to be active through the entire course. The course cost will remain the same.
Q. I don’t own a gun, should I purchase one before the class?
A. Although you may wish to buy one before the class, we spend a good portion of instructional time on considerations to make before buying a self-defense handgun. As a result, you might wish to complete the course and purchase a gun and holster after the class. You also have the option of choosing a gun from our rental program to use for the shooting portion of the class. Please visit Centennial Gun Club or call (303) 789-2582 (Club) for more information.
Q. What are the requirements for obtaining a Concealed Handgun Permit in Colorado?
A. In Colorado, the County Sheriffs are responsible for issuing permits. It is best to visit your County Sheriff’s website for specific details. Essentially, the requirements are that you must be a resident of Colorado, age 21 or older, and not ineligible to possess a firearm following Colorado or federal law. There are more specifics around alcohol and substance abuse, restraining orders, etc. You must also demonstrate competency with a handgun. Completion of our course satisfies this requirement.
Q. What is the cost for a Concealed Handgun Permit?
A. A resident needs to apply through their home county, to apply for a permit in Colorado. The fees are set by the individual county sheriff, and cannot exceed $152.50 (most counties are charging the full amount, but Jefferson County is only charging $125). A non-resident Utah permit is $65. For more information about obtaining a concealed handgun permit in your county click here.
Q. The Utah permit requires passport photos and fingerprinting. Do you do that?
A. Yes, we supply the passport photograph and fingerprints for your Utah application. There is no additional charge for this service.
This course meets the training requirements for you to apply for Utah and Colorado concealed carry permits. Permits are honored in the following states. Additional states covered by the Utah non-resident CCW are noted in Italic Bold:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.