BASIC DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN
They don’t look down on or act condescending to women and new shooters. They want you to be safe and accurate. The training is great and they don’t make you feel stupid for asking questions. They are the only place I care to go. You’ll be happy that you went there too!
So far my experience with Centennial Gun Club has been superb!! Looking forward to shedding off some rust and improving skills. I want to keep advancing thru your courses.
Basic Defensive Shotgun
In the Defensive Shotgun course, you will learn how to safely load, shoot and unload your shotgun. We will also cover the basics of shotgun ammunition, chokes and fit. This class includes range time with your shotgun. Shotguns are an excellent tool for home defense and are arguably the number one pick for an all-around weapon to purchase for any purpose.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
- The new shotgun owner
- Anyone who wants a refresher on shotgun safety and fundamentals
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Firearm basic safety and shooting fundamentals
- How to load, shoot and unload your defensive shotgun
- What type of ammo and chokes are available for shotguns
- Basic accessories available for shotguns and nuances of shotgun use
- Range drills to make you comfortable with your shotgun
WHAT WE WILL COVER
- Stance, grip, sight picture
- Trigger pull and follow through with emphasis on recoil management
- Discussion of accessories, the use of a sling, and close-quarters carry techniques
- 18+years old
- Signed CGC Waiver must be completed before class begins
- MEMBERS SAVE 20%: $79.20
- Non-Members: $99.00
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Skill Level: Basic
- Ages: 18+
- Capacity: 10
What To Bring:
- Your personal shotgun
- A minimum of 15 shotgun shells (Buckshot Only!!!)
- Any slings or accessories you own for your shotgun
- Eye and Ear protection
- Pistol 101 – Introduction to Pistol
- Pistol 301 – Draw from a holster and reloads
- Pistol 401 – Clear malfunctions, shoot at increased distances
What Participants Say About Our Classes
“So far my experience with Centennial Gun Club has been superb!! Looking forward to shedding off some rust and improving skills. I want to keep advancing thru your courses.”
– Dean S.
Course Cancellation and Change Policy
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Classes rescheduled less than 48 hours will incur a rescheduling fee of $25 per person.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 24 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund.
- Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Have questions about a class?