Tactical Pistol – Level I
The Centennial Gun Club Tactical Pistol course takes students who possess a basic to intermediate level of skill and knowledge with a handgun and accelerates their development as shooters to prepare them for more advanced shooting concepts. Students will be challenged in an environment of high standards and fast paced learning.
- Students will shoot more efficiently and precisely than before they entered this course.
- Students will learn proper technique to safely and effectively draw and present a handgun from a holster.
- Students will be able to efficiently load and reload their handguns under stress.
- Students will be able to identify common firearms malfunctions and how to fix them during a dynamic incident.
- Students will understand the concept of defensive shooting, how it differs from normal target shooting, and how to employ the concepts learned in this course to defend themselves, their loved ones and their fellow law abiding citizens.
This is not a basic level course. Students must possess a basic level of marksmanship skill and pistol handling experience. Understanding the function of your pistol will be important for successful mastery of the skills this course teaches. Please consult with our instructors if you are concerned that this may not be the right course for you. We will work with you to place you at the appropriate level.
Required Equipment:Each student will require the following:
- A pistol of modern design, in safe working order.
- A minimum of three magazines or speed loaders for their pistol. Extra magazines are a good idea if they are available.
- A magazine belt carrier capable of holding at least one, but preferably two magazines.
- A quality strong side holster that is made for their pistol and both securely retains the pistol and completely covers the trigger. Inside the waistband holsters will be acceptable for this course, but any variation on cross-draw will not be allowed for safety reasons.
- 200 rounds of quality ammunition of appropriate type for their pistol.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Paper and pencil.
- Comfortable footwear
Instructor: Matt Mueller
Matt Mueller is a former Infantryman and a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He has degrees in history and international studies from the University of Denver. He has been shooting since initially learning the sport in the Boy Scouts as part of Rifle Shooting Merit Badge on his way to Eagle Scout. He currently serves as Crew Advisor to the Centennial Gun Club sponsored Shooting Sports Venture Crew. He is a NRA instructor, certified in pistol, rifle, shotgun and personal protection. He is also a certified Range Safety Officer, and a member of the CGC RSO team. He enjoys shooting, and loves seeing students acquire a new or greater passion for the sport.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.