Tactical Knife Options – Civilian Concepts Level-I
Course Number: TK001
Course Title: Tactical Knife Options – Civilian Concepts Level-I
Instructor: Jeff Black
- Jeff Black is the owner and primary operator of Emergency Survival Responses, LLC (www.esr-black.com)which provides contract training and consultation to Law Enforcement agencies, associations, and organizations. He has been a featured speaker for the Colorado Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Association (CLEFIA), the Colorado Law Enforcement Officer Association (CLEOA) and the County Sheriffs of Colorado (CSOC). Jeff is a law enforcement veteran and served as a SWAT team operator, and law enforcement combative instructor including firearms, edged weapons, hand-2 hand tactics, and driving. Jeff founded the Association of Arrest Control Trainers (AACT) in 2009 and sits on the Executive Board as the Vice President. Jeff is also an Expert Witness in use-of-force civil cases and provides consultation to various Law Firms, Police agencies, and individual officers. Jeff holds a Master’s Degree in Education-Adult Training from Colorado State University. Jeff designed and published the Law Enforcement Tactical Knife Options course in 2008 and had it approved/certified through the Attorney General’s police officers standards in training (POST) board. Since this courses inception, over 300 law enforcement professionals from over 60agencies in Colorado have attended and been certified in this course work. This is the civilian version of the Tactical Knife Options basic-user course.
- To familiarize the student with the offensive tactics involving an edged weapon for self-protection and threat neutralization.
- Student will be able to demonstrate seven lines of attack, grips, and types of attack.
- Student will be able to identify fatal and non-fatal anatomical targets.
- Student will gain an understanding of the impact of combat stress in a personal crisis situation.
- Student will be able to identify what makes a good tactical knife for carry
Course Length: 4 hours
The course will discuss how to choose a self-protection knife, how to deploy the knife, lines of attack, various types of attack, tactical considerations, anatomical targeting options and considerations, legal implications of using deadly force against another person, the physiological and psychological effects of combat (fear induced)stress, and how to articulate your actions.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.