WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS?
USCCA – Home Defense Fundamentals is a comprehensive course for anyone considering for self-defense. The course is a complete guide to understanding conflict avoidance and situational awareness; home security and home defense; handgun, shotgun and AR-15 basics; shooting fundamentals; the physiology of violent encounters; the legal aspects of using deadly force (including knowing what to do in the aftermath); and a complete guide on gear, gadgets, and ongoing training.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This class focuses on developing:
Developing A Personal and Home Protection Plan:
- Defining a personal protection plan
- Why conflict avoidance is important
- Evaluating your home’s security, and home alarms
- Principles of home defense, mental exercises
If needed, Self-Defense Firearms Basics:
- Universal safety rules
- Understanding revolvers, semi-automatics, magazines
- Ammo, caliber, storage
- Home defense shotgun fundamentals
- AR-15 platform, components
Defensive Shooting Fundamentals:
- Defensive shooting versus marksmanship
- Proper grip, shooting platform, aligning muzzle to target, unsighted fire, point shooting
- Flash sight picture, sighted fire, triggered control, and exercises
The Legal Use of Force:
- Defending the home
- Defending property
Violent Encounters and Their Aftermath:
- When you’re left with no other choice
- When the right to use deadly force ends
- Immediate aftermath
- Phone calls, when the police arrive, statement to the police
- Preserving evidence, Miranda rights, during and after your arrest
- Advice for your lawyer
Gear and Gadgets:
- Tactical flashlights, Mounted flashlights
- Considering laser sights
- Gun safes and storage
Basic and Advanced Skills:
- Training program
- Dry fire
- Fundamental drills
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Handouts Provided
CLASS DETAILS – 4 hours
The class will expose students to:
- Statistics and Trends
- Statistics and Trends
- Decision-making ability
- Colorado Law
- Avoid conflicts when possible, respond to conflicts when necessary
- Justify one’s actions in the event a use of force situation has occurred
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY
Home Defense Fundamentals is the opportunity for individuals, and couples to develop a personal and home protection plan and to prepare for real-life situations. You will learn how to quickly assess situations; and how important the correct mind-set and practice is for a personal home defense safety plan.
We understand your concern about the chances for survival if you don’t know what actions to take when confronted. Home Defense Fundamentals will help you get past any roadblocks, provide guidance and develop a plan to use in times of stress when you can’t think clearly.
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.