To familiarize the student with the offensive tactics involving an edged weapon for self-protection and threat neutralization.
- Student will be able to demonstrate seven lines of attack, grips, and types of attack.
- Student will be able to identify fatal and non-fatal anatomical targets.
- Student will gain an understanding of the impact of combat stress in a personal crisis situation.
- Student will be able to identify what makes a good tactical knife for carry
The course will discuss how to choose a self-protection knife, how to deploy the knife, lines of attack, various types of attack, tactical considerations, anatomical targeting options and considerations, legal implications of using deadly force against another person, the physiological and psychological effects of combat (fear induced)stress, and how to articulate your actions.
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
- Concealed Carry Permit Required
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- A defensive knife*
*Available for purchase
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Various knives for demonstration
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.