Pistol Basics class is a hands-on course with one of our expert instructors designed to help you make the right decision when deciding on which handgun and accessories to buy.
Students will get the guidance and expert advice they need so they can feel comfortable with the selection process.
So, whether you need help buying your first handgun and accessories or you’re not happy with the gear you currently have, we can help and we’ll be with you every step of the way!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR
- Anyone who would like expert advice on which firearm and accessories are the best fit for them.
- Anyone who wants to learn range etiquette and become more confident and comfortable shooting on the range.
GET FAMILIAR WITH
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Magazine pouches
- Extra magazines
- Range bag
- Safe/Vault (if you have children or for security)
- Magazine loaders
- Cleaning kit
- Range ammo
- Defensive ammo
- Hat & Hoodie
2. HANDGUN SELECTION
- Usage considerations- Home defense, conceal carry, target shooting, competition. No one gun fits all situations.
3. PROPER FIT
- How does it fit in my hands, how is the grip, do I like the weight, how does it feel when I point it?
4. OPERATION BASICS
- Can I handle the recoil? Can I operate this gun? Can I load the magazines? Can I operate and load this firearm in a hurry if I need too?
- Tips on how to practice building up your skills
5. HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE – We will provide several guns to handle (examples)
- Glock 19, Smith and Wesson M&P C/full ,Smith and Wesson shield EZ, SIG Sauer P320, CZ p – 10c, Walther PPQ / H&K VP9
- *Smaller options if you’re looking for concealed carry. Other options such as competition, target shooting, etc.
6. PRACTICAL EXERCISE
- Students will experience shooting different types of guns
- Students will select and write down their top choices
- Go over range exercise
7. SHOOTING COMFORTABLY AND CONFIDENTLY
- Grip and posture are key to stepping up to a bigger caliber
- Live fire range safety brief
8. RANGE ETIQUETTE
- How to properly uncase a firearm at the firing line
- How to properly hang targets
- How to use the control panel for the targets
- Proper loading and unloading
9. SLOW IS SMOOTH, SMOOTH IS FAST
- Taking your time, going over fundamentals and breathing techniques, etc.
- Cycling through your top 3 choices of firearms
- Shooting three consecutive rounds at a time
- Narrowing down your selections
10. CLASSROOM REVIEW
- Accuracy and speed come with practice, practice and practice
- Membership and benefits of being a member
- TechTime with one of our gunsmiths.
- Learn to clean your pistol properly
- *One free session with this course – ($20 value) Q & A time
“I just took the Intro to Pistol course with Pete. Fantastic class. My son and I learned a lot and enjoyed ourselves immensely. I look forward to future classes.”
– Marcelo C.
“So far my experience with Centennial Gun Club has been superb!! Looking forward to shedding off some rust and improving skills. I want to keep advancing thru your courses.”
– Thank you, Dean S.
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Eye and Ear Protection (If owned)
- Pen or Pencil, Paper
- 9 x 19 ammo (1 box)
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Rental Guns
- Ear & Eye Protection
COURSE CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 48 hours before the course date to receive a full refund in the form of an in-store Centennial Gun Club Gift Card.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.