The NRA Range Safety Officer program was developed in response to the demand for a nationally-recognized range safety officer certification. NRA Range Safety Officers are people who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
This course does not encompass the functions and responsibilities of a Range Officer, who conducts NRA competitive shooting events as defined by Rule 11.5 of the NRA Rule Books.
NRA Range Safety Officers must be 21 years of age or older.
The Range Safety Officer course consists of: Range Safety Officer’s roles and responsibilities, range standard operating procedures, range inspection and range rules, firearm stoppages and malfunctions, and Range Safety Briefings which include emergency procedures. Candidates must also receive 90 percent or better on the written exam.
UPCOMING DATES & SIGN-UP
HOW DOES ONE BECOME A CERTIFIED NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER?
- Those individuals who do not hold a trainer rating must attend a Range Safety Officer course. Range Safety Officer courses are conducted by Chief Range Safety Officers. (“Chief Range Safety Officers” are those individuals certified to train NRA Range Safety Officers.) The Range Safety Officer course is a nine-hour course that consists of classroom time and practical exercises conducted on a range. Range Safety Officer candidates will receive the Range Safety Officer Student Packet.
- Individuals who currently possess a valid NRA Firearms Instructor certification or NRA Coach appointment in one of the NRA’s firearms training programs have the option of taking the Range Safety Officer course by home validation or classroom training.
DAY 1: Unsighted Accuracy and Speed
Learn the Secret to Achieve Unbelievable Accuracy Without using Your Sights Learn how to Shoot as Fast as You can See! Easily shoot 5 shots in less than 1.5 seconds and keep a tight group.
Whether you’re a novice or an expert shooter, you will gain control of where your bullets impact without using your sights. You will learn how to shoot with precision and consistency. Excellent skill for Close Quarters and Low Light when you can’t see your sights.
We will show you how to apply the secret techniques used by world famous exhibition shooters.
DAY 2: Deadly Force Discretion with Live Interactive Action
In our Speed Shooting – Day 2 course of fire, you will experience what it takes to make a lethal Shoot/Don’t Shoot Decision utilizing Insight’s Multi Media, “LIVE INTERACTIVE SHOOT/DON”T SHOOT SIMULATOR.This shooting gallery “course-of-fire” is designed to take you to the next level. This program will require you
to use your own judgment, as “good guys” and “bad guys” challenge you visually and verbally. As you look down range, a live interactive real-time video feed will engage you in an actual conversation with a potential adversary in REAL TIME. As these situations escalate you may, or may not be required to defend yourself.
This course is challenging, fast paced, and probably the most important class you will ever take for self-defense!
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.