WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS?
This class is the opportunity to learn or improve your defensive knife skills; learn how to complete techniques correctly and become confident to trust your situational awareness and skills.
In this 4-hour class, you will learn the basic skills you need to use your everyday carry knife to defend yourself against the most likely attacks. Here, we will explain why this is not “knife fighting”, rather it is “fighting with your knife”.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
• The reality of using a knife in terms of stopping power.
• The awareness you will use the knife you have in your possession.
• The basics of using a knife to include grip, stance, footwork, and targeting.
• The master technique to the best responses for surviving the most likely attacks.
UPCOMING DATES & SIGN-UP
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- A practice knife (plastic/rubber) that closely reflects your carry knife
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- *Practice knife available for purchase at the retail counter.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 4-hours classroom discussion
- Learn to use the knife that you actually carry
- Learn the grips, and footwork required for defense
- Dispel many myths about knives.
- Quantify what the tool is capable of
- Learn to deal with the most statistically common attacks
- See how ultimately self-defense is about stopping power, not lethality or fantasy
- Understand, what the knife you carry can do
- Unique targeting strategies
- Angles of attacks, and chamber points
- Knife grips and what does not work
- Pressure cuts versus dynamic cuts
The Master Technique against all angles of attack.
The Master Technique shows the best responses to the statistically most common attack, an arcing right hand. We will apply the logic of MBC (Martial Blade Concepts) to show you how to utilize the tremendous stopping power of a knife to keep yourself safe.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.