INTRO TO COMPETITIVE SHOOTING
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS?
Someone that has sound shooting fundamentals and is looking for more than shooting static in a shooting lane. If you are considering entering competitions and didn’t realize there was a course available to educate and help you through the process.
At Centennial Gun Club we understand you may feel uncomfortable/intimidated to pursue competitive shooting which is why we have developed the Intro to Competitive Shooting class. You have elected to learn more about using a firearm in training and for competition. It’s a chance to combine accuracy and speed in exciting courses of fire and to meet and share with other shooters who are like minded.
Shooting sports are very exciting and fun, but a mistake can have consequences. Therefore, this class emphasizes heavily on safety and the safety of those around you. Just keep safety at the forefront of your mind and competition success will quickly follow.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Safety, safety, & more safety
- Match videos
- Getting started
- Understanding of rules, equipment, divisions, scoring, range commands.
- How to practice efficiently
- TI Simulator for students to demonstrate they can safely handle a gun including movement and magazine changes.
United States Practical Association (USPSA) requires shooters to take a safety course in order to compete in USPSA matches. All students are issued a yellow safety card after completing the class. Your USPSA safety card is acceptable to use in the following disciplines:
- IDPA (International Defense Pistol Association)
- Steel Challenge, GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation)
*Range commands are universal to all competition shooting – including our steel matches, bowling pin matches. We use just one set of commands. There is no live fire and the entire class is conducted in the TI Simulator training room.
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT:
- STEP 1: Competition Skills Made Fun
- Classroom instruction and simulator training takes the stress out of wondering what to expect.
- Understanding safety, equipment, range commands, and rules will become your primary building blocks.
- STEP 2: Customized Education, Safety & Rules
- All necessary rules are provided for you to learn to compete, score, and practice efficiently.
- With expert hands-on instruction you have the confidence and knowledge to complete well.
- STEP 3: We’ll Stand Beside You
- Learning to competitively shoot is an investment and you want to know it’s with trusted partners.
- That’s why we provide you only the best professional educational resources
If you’re unsure about any part of the process, we won’t move on until you’re comfortable. We want you to be successful.
Join Us…. and look forward to your first match and more competitions!
- 3.5-hour classroom including simulator training
- Length of class depends on the number of students
2. Basic knowledge of your firearm
“I really enjoyed the Intro to Competitive Shooting class. Joey Mizufuka, was a wealth of information, and I’m looking forward to trying competition shoots. The e-shooting gallery was a hoot as well. Thanks again!”
– Scott M.
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Students in the class are not required to bring anything.
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Course materials
COURSE CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Classes rescheduled less than 48 hours will incur a rescheduling fee of $25 per person.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 24 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.