INTRO TO COMPETITIVE SHOOTING
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR
Perhaps, you may be considering entering competitions but didn’t realize there was a course available to help educate you on the process and skills required.
We understand you may feel intimidated when considering the option to compete which is why we have developed an introduction to shooting skills course. You have the skills to shoot, this course teaches you how to apply them in a competitive way.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- STEP 1: Competition Skills Made Fun
- Classroom instruction and simulator training takes the stress out of wondering what to expect
- Understanding equipment, firearms selection and rules will become your primary building blocks
- STEP 2: Customized Education, Tools & Rules
- All necessary tools and rules are provided that’s needed for you to learn to compete, score and understand stage analysis
- With expert hands-on instruction you have the confidence and knowledge to complete well
- STEP 3: We’ll Stand Beside You
- Learning to competitively shoot is an investment in your future and you want to know it’s with trusted partners.
- That’s why we provide you only the best professional education and resources
- If you’re unsure about any part of the competitive process, rules, scoring and practice, we won’t move on until you’re comfortable. We want you to be successful.
In this course, we will review a brief history of practical shooting…United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA)/ International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC). Students will have an opportunity to shoot on our State of the Art Ti Simulator as part of the class to make sure everybody is competent with their firearm and can safely maneuver thru the course.
- Safety rules
- Shooting and scoring explanation.
- Equipment and Firearm selection
- Stage analysis
- How to practice and where to practice
- Shooting your first match
*Range commands are universal to all competition shooting – including our steel matches, bowling pin matches. We use just one set of commands.
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
- Basic knowledge of your firearm
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Pencil Paper to take notes
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Course materials
COURSE CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12-month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.