- Draw the handgun safely with efficiency and economy of motion
- Self-evaluate proper hand placement related to the grip of the handgun
- Use proper sight picture and sight alignment
- Understand how to work through challenges with corrected vision (optional)
- Use proper trigger control in relation to:
- pressing the trigger
- follow through to control recoil
- improved recovery time when firing multiple rounds
- Perform a self-analysis of their target results and correct what may be causing inaccuracies of shot placement
- Basic pistol-shooting course or shooting experience
- Age 21+
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Revolver or Pistol (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP) (or ask about CGC’s Rental Program)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Handgun Proficiency Notebook (including practice exercises)
- Eye and ear protection
Safely demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to assume various shooting positions of concern to those carrying a concealed handgun.
Review current laws regarding firearms
Become proficient in drawing from holsters by using your holster and firearm (with a Clear Barrel Indicator provided by the instructor).
Learn proper identification and response to a weapon malfunction and how to keep your firearm running at all times
Practice skills on the simulator:
The TI Training Lab is an interactive Use of Force and Firearms Simulation system that combines the latest technologies with unique feature sets, allowing for total training customization. A theater-style simulator experience that puts you right in the action!
Confirm skills on range:
- Draw from a holster –speed drills
- Moving forward and backwards while shooting
- Strong and support hand shooting and transitioning
- Get off the “X” drills – drawing and moving
- Close combat drills – out of battery demo
Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise.
Please leave all ammunition in your vehicle until instructed to retrieve it.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Firearms Training Experience:
- Degrees from Indiana University in Criminology and Forensic Studies
- Twenty years Law Enforcement experience both State and Federal
- Ten years F.B.I. Special Agent Atlanta, Georgia Division
- Member F.B.I. S.W.A.T. team Atlanta, Georgia
- F.B.I. Firearms Instructor, Tactical Pistol, Tactical Rifle, Tactical Shotgun
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.