A shooter is only as good as their practice. Your handgun education shouldn’t stop once you’ve learned the basics. The Handgun Proficiency Workshop is the next step in your training. Students of all levels are encouraged to join us! Beginners and experienced shooters alike will find new ways to sharpen their skills in class.
Students who join us for this 4-hour workshop will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper stance for addressing the target
- Self-evaluate proper hand placement related to the grip of the handgun
- Use proper sight picture and sight alignment
- Understand how to work through challenges with corrected vision (optional)
- Use proper trigger control in relation to breathing, pressing the trigger, follow through to control recoil, and improved recovery time when firing multiple rounds
- Perform a self-analysis of their target results and correct what may be causing inaccuracies of shot placement
Register for the Handgun Proficiency Workshop today and get started with the next steps in your training!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise. No ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. Please leave ammunition in your car until you are instructed to retrieve it for live-fire exercises.
UPCOMING DATES & SIGN-UP
- Basic pistol-shooting course or shooting experience
- Age 21+
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Revolver or Pistol (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP) (or ask about CGC’s Rental Program)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Handgun Proficiency Notebook (including practice exercises)
- Eye and ear protection
Safely demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to assume various shooting positions of concern to those carrying a concealed handgun.
Review current laws regarding firearms
Become proficient in drawing from holsters by using your holster and firearm (with a Clear Barrel Indicator provided by the instructor).
Learn proper identification and response to a weapon malfunction and how to keep your firearm running at all times
Practice skills on the simulator:
The TI Training Lab is an interactive Use of Force and Firearms Simulation system that combines the latest technologies with unique feature sets, allowing for total training customization. A theater-style simulator experience that puts you right in the action!
Confirm skills on range:
- Draw from a holster –speed drills
- Moving forward and backwards while shooting
- Strong and support hand shooting and transitioning
- Get off the “X” drills – drawing and moving
- Close combat drills – out of battery demo
Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise.
Please leave all ammunition in your vehicle until instructed to retrieve it.
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY:
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Firearms Training Experience:
- Degrees from Indiana University in Criminology and Forensic Studies
- Twenty years Law Enforcement experience both State and Federal
- Ten years F.B.I. Special Agent Atlanta, Georgia Division
- Member F.B.I. S.W.A.T. team Atlanta, Georgia
- F.B.I. Firearms Instructor, Tactical Pistol, Tactical Rifle, Tactical Shotgun
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.