- Stance, grip, sight picture
- Trigger pull and follow through with emphasis on recoil management
- Discussion of accessories, the use of a sling, and close quarters carry techniques
- Multiple targets
- Moving targets
- Range drills addressing multiple targets
- Patterning your shotgun with birdshot, buckshot, and slugs at various ranges
- Understanding the spread of projectiles at different distances
- Signed Participant Agreement (available online)
- Some familiarity with a shotgun
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
- 25 rounds #4 Birdshot
- 50 rounds 00 Buckshot
- 10 rounds Slugs (No Steel Shot)
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Course Packet
- Certificate of Completion
- Demonstration Firearms and Equipment
COURSE CANCELLATION/CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 72 hours before the course date to receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date will not receive a cash refund. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. All course fees are forfeited by the registrant if a replacement course has not been attended within the 12 month period.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such a cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.
Training is the Foundation of True Skills Development
Prepared Citizen is our nationally-recognized training program at Centennial Gun Club, and you will find a course perfect for you within our various tracks. If you are new to shooting, we recommend our First Shots, Dynamics of Pistol Shooting, and/or Handgun Proficiency courses. If you are already familiar with firearms and are looking to increase your skill, maybe it is time to look at a concealed carry course, or one of the Insight Firearms Development courses: Deadly Accuracy, Speed Shooting, and Killer Low Light.