BASIC DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN
In the Defensive Shotgun course, we know you want to be comfortable and skilled with the shotgun capabilities for home defense. To do that, you need basic knowledge.
At Centennial Gun Club, we understand that everyone learns with this type of firearm at their own level. Don’t let this diminish your motivation. Your strength exists in your willingness to try a new and effective firearm. The shotgun is an excellent tool for home defense.
HERE’S HOW WE DO IT:
- Physical drills and firearm basics
- Essential mindset focus
- Techniques: ammo, grip, stance, trigger pull, recoil, targets, etc.
WE COVER BASICS SUCH AS:
- Stance, grip, sight picture
- Trigger pull and follow through with emphasis on recoil management
- Discussion of accessories, the use of a sling, and close-quarters carry techniques
- Multiple targets
RANGE TIME INCLUDED IN THE CLASS INCLUDES:
- Range drills addressing multiple targets
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Objective 1: Understand Defensive Shotgun basics, including equipment, ammunition, and firearm basics.
- Objective 2: Provide an understanding of the many types of ammunition available for the shotgun, their uses, and the selection of appropriate ammunition for your application.
- Objective 3: Gain an understanding of slings, ready carry techniques, and close-quarters combat with a long gun.
- Objective 4: Discuss and understand shotgun loading and keeping the gun running with multiple targets.
- Objective 5: Understand how to manage shotgun recoil and quickly recover the sights to address multiple targets.
The track record of shotguns as a personal protection gun is well-documented. The shotgun is very adept at a defensive role. Consider the per-shot effectiveness of the shotgun. Six rounds in a shotgun may seem like very few, but each of those six rounds is several times as effective as any handgun round.
- 18+years old
- Some familiarity with a shotgun
- Signed Particpant Agreement
“So far my experience with Centennial Gun Club has been superb!! Looking forward to shedding off some rust and improving skills. I want to keep advancing thru your courses.”
– Thank you, Dean S.
WHAT TO BRING/WHAT IS PROVIDED
WHAT TO BRING
- Your personal shotgun (If you currently do not own a shotgun, one will be provided for your use.)
- 20 rounds (12 gauge)
PROVIDED BY INSTRUCTOR
- Your personal shotgun (If you currently do not own a shotgun, one will Certificate of Completion (Need to come up with a template for the certificate)
- Demonstration Firearms and Equipment
COURSE CANCELLATION / CHANGE POLICY
- Attendee substitutions may be made at any time.
- Registrants must cancel at least 48 hours before the course date to receive a full refund in the form of an in-store Centennial Gun Club Gift Card.
- Failure to attend the course, or cancellations less than 48 hours in advance, will result in no refund, credit of the course fee, or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If we cancel or reschedule a class due to weather or circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If Centennial Gun Club cancels a class in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you used to register. Please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your email before class.