Low Light and Flashlight Training
Course Number: LL001
Course Length: 4 hours
Age: 21+ (18 -20 must be accompanied by a parent /guardian)
Maximum Students per class: 6
$175.00 Special: $125.00
Most bad situations or encounters occur at night where artificial light may or may not be present. This class is geared for those who already have an intermediate understanding of gun fighting and a strong belief on weapon safety. This is not a beginner shooting class. Dim lighted conditions and total darkness shooting using flashlight techniques will be practiced utilizing our live fire range.
- Upon completion of this course, each student will have a basic understanding of how the eyes work during natural, artificial, dim and complete darkness conditions.
- Upon completion of this course, each student will have a basic understanding on shooting in low light conditions.
- Upon completion of this course, each student will have a basic understanding on utilizing a flashlight in conjunction with a firearm optimizing various flashlight shooting techniques and be familiar with the 7 target indicators.
- Upon completion of this course each student will be able to safely manipulate their individual weapon system and fix malfunctions in low or complete darkness conditions.
- Upon completion of this course, each student will have a better understanding on decision shooting during low or complete darkness conditions. The importance of identifying the threat as well as what’s beyond.
Instructor (s): Bill Beye
Instructor Bio: Bill is a sworn, 18 year veteran, Deputy Sheriff of a major metropolitan Sheriff’s Department in Colorado. He has been teaching firearms for 15 years and currently holds the position of the department’s Chief Firearms Officer. He has written, developed and implemented several lesson plans for the department’s 114 hour pre service firearms training. He has also implemented curriculum for in-service training regarding the use of firearms. Bill is a firearm’s SME (Subject Matter Expert) and has testified on several officer involved shootings and gun related incidents. Bill is happily married and has two son’s ages 20 and 7. He enjoys working on guns, teaching and anything to do with the outdoors involving his family. Bill trains in Brazilian Jiujutsu for the mental and physical aspects of the sport.
- Colorado P.O.S.T. approved full skills firearms instructor
- NRA Shotgun/Handgun Instructor
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle Instructor
- TASER Instructor
- Chemical and Less lethal Munitions Instructor
- OPN Instructor Level I
- Weapon Retention / Arrest Control
- Defensive Driving and DEVOC Instructor
Glock, Sig Sauer P Series, Remington 870, AR15/M16,Smith & Wesson revolver / M&P / 3 and 4 digit models and the Springfield XD / XDM
Completed a CCW Level II class.
Materials Provided by Students:
- A good attitude
- 150 rounds of ammunition (factory fresh, no hand reloads or steel core)
- Strong side, outside the pants directional draw type holster.
- Hand held flashlight/weapon mounted light or both.
Materials Provided by Instructor:
- Armed Shoot Targets / bullet patches
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.