Intro to .22 Steel Shooting/Match
Course Prefix: ISM001
Intro to .22 Steel Shooting/Match
What is a 22lr Steel Match?
Welcome The CGC 22lr Rim-fire Steel Match. This match introduces participants to the fun and excitement of competitive shooting in a safe, low-pressure, family-friendly format. All levels of target shooters—new, novice and experienced—are welcome to compete. Each will find a challenge appropriate to his or her level of marksmanship. The CGC 22lr Rim-fire Steel Match is a safety oriented match. Shooters are required to compete using a handgun or Rifle from any manufacturer in .22 Long Rifle caliber. The targets are steel plates that are set in a course of fire that is no less than 5 plates and no more than 7 plates. The course of fire is designed to be completed by even the most inexperienced shooter using one 10-round magazine without the need to reload “on the clock.” Steel plates provide the shooter with immediate visual and audio feedback. Matches emphasize the friendly, supportive aspects of target shooting and competition. These matches are designed to be fun for the whole family, so kids, bring your parents along! This a great event for any shooter who wants to learn about this shooting sport. Bring in your .22 caliber firearm or rent one from us and experience the PING.
What you will learn:
- What is a “Cold Range”
- Safe Trigger finger position
- Where, When, and How you are permitted to handle firearms and magazines
- Sprit of the Game and Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Competitors are solely responsible for all equipment and ammunition they bring to a match. No suppressed or full automatic firearms allowed. No 17 HMR firearms allowed. All firearms are to safely use .22 LR ammunition. There will be no re-shoots for firearm and ammunition malfunctions. Each person is responsible for their equipment to function properly.
- Course of fire
- Range Commands
So – if you have a .22LR rifle or handgun in your safe or in the closet collecting dust, now you have another reason to clean it and bring it to the range.
This is a volunteer Sport…Please come out early to help setup and stay after the match to help break down.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Gun Store at Centennial cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.