Hand 2 Hand
Course Prefix: HH001
Date/Time: TBA – Please check the website for updates.
This one day course is not martial arts type training, but rather places an emphasis on education, awareness, and confidence building. Simply by being aware of and able to identify a threat, one is much more likely to negate said threat without it manifesting into an action.
Women face different challenges and dangers then men do. This class leverages a woman’s strengths and focuses personal safety through cognitive planning and preparation rather than brute strength or relying solely on physical techniques.
During this course the student will be introduced into the fundamentals of inter-personal crisis prevention following a self-defense methodology. Very few people have hours upon hours to train in formal martial arts, MMA or fighting systems. By taking a proactive, educational approach, the average person can learn to negate the majority of threats he/she may face.
This course will teach the student:
· Threat identification
· Three factors of personal safety
· Increased awareness
· Legal parameters of using force against another person
· Five (5) Elements of physical confrontation
· Dynamics of reactionary gap
· Positioning an maneuvering
· Realistic physical techniques against a spontaneous attack
In addition to proper preparation, the student will be introduce to basic, simple physical counter-techniques that will afford him/her to momentarily stall an attack, create distance, and move towards escape and evasion. These physical techniques are non-gender specific, based on gross motor-skills and stem from the body’s natural flinch response.
At course conclusion, the student will be able to:
· Identify the three types of attacker
· Identify factors of personal safety
· Describe the reactionary sequence / gap
· Describe the elements of inter-personal physical confrontation.
· Demonstrate different physical counter techniques
Instructor Jeff Black:
Mr. Black is a former law enforcement veteran with over 15 years’ experience teaching hand-to-hand combatives. He has been a certified law enforcement instructor in FBI Defensive Tactics, Pressure Point Control Tactics (PPCT), LE Ground Tactics, Edged Weapon Tactics and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. Additionally he has studied Krav Maga, Systema, Jiu Jitsu and wrestling. In addition to his physical skills expertise, Mr. Black holds a Master’s Degree in Adult Education and is a certified Expert Witness for civil litigation cases involving use-of-force. He believes in an inclusive approach to self-defense combining mental preparation, legal and tactical education, and physical skill enhancement. After all “luck favors the prepared”.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.