Handgun Proficiency Workshop
A shooter is only as good as their practice. Whether you’re a beginner looking for the next steps, or you’re an experienced shooter wanting to sharpen your skills, the Handgun Proficiency Workshop course at CGC allows students to sharpen their skills in a short amount of time.
After attending the 4-hour class, each student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the proper stance for addressing the target
- Draw the handgun safely with efficiency and economy of motion
- Self-evaluate proper hand placement related to the grip of the handgun
- Grasp the proper sight picture and sight alignment
- Understand how to work through challenges with corrected vision (optional)
- Use proper trigger control in relation to breathing, pressing the trigger, follow through to control recoil, and improved recovery time when firing multiple rounds
- Perform a self-analysis of their target results and correct what may be causing inaccuracies of shot placement
Register today for the Handgun Proficiency Workshop and get started on the next steps in your training!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise and no ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. Please leave ammunition in your vehicle until you are instructed to retrieve it for live-fire exercises.
Pre-Requisites: Basic pistol-shooting course or shooting experience
What You Should Bring: Revolver or Pistol (in calibers .22 – 45 ACP) (or inquire about CGC’s Rental Program), 50 rounds of ammunition
Instructor Will Provide: Handgun Proficiency Notebook (including practice exercises), eye and ear protection, and targets
Instructor: Steve Brownell
Steve has over 30 years of professional firearms training and teaching experience. While with the F.B.I. he received numerous commendations and letters of excellence from the F.B.I. Director. He is certified in pistol, AR-15 Rifle, MP-5 Rifle, and Shotgun. Steve is also experienced in dignitary protection and served as Director of Security for the Denver Big Air World Cup Snowboarding event and Sportaccord with the International Olympic Committee.
Firearms Training Experience:
Degrees from Indiana University in Criminology and Forensic Studies
Twenty years Law Enforcement experience both State and Federal
Ten years F.B.I. Special Agent Atlanta, Georgia Division
Member F.B.I. S.W.A.T. team Atlanta, Georgia
F.B.I. Firearms Instructor, Tactical Pistol, Tactical Rifle, Tactical Shotgun
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.