Concealed Carry Level III
Course Prefix: CC003
Course Title: Concealed Carry Level III
Our Concealed Carry Level 3 class is designed for experienced shooters who carry a gun as part of their regular everyday life. Students will be expected to have knowledge on the safe operation of their specific firearm prior to class. The class will review ways to successfully carry and deploy a handgun from concealment. Multiple drills with a high round count will push students to a greater degree of proficiency. This course is designed for a student to repeat annually to maintain proficiency and demonstrate their commitment to training – something that would be helpful if they were to ever need to use their firearm in self-defense.
Safely identify options for concealment and drawing from concealment in a way that encourages speed while maintaining safety.
Uncover common concerns about daily concealed carry from the small things (for example restroom security) to weapon retention.
Become proficient in drawing from holsters under concealment with live fire and movement afterwards.
Learn proper identification and response to a weapon malfunction and how to keep your firearm running at all times.
Instructor: John Gonsalves
Bio: John is an NRA Certified Instructor in multi disciplines; NRA Training Counselor and NRA Regional Counselor for Refuse To Be A Victim. John is a certified by the State of Utah as a Utah Concealed Carry Instructor and is a Front Sight Training Academy graduate. He is involved with Boy Scouts Shooting Sports programs, National Shooting Sports Foundation programs and is the Director of Training at the Centennial Gun Club.
John provides individual instruction for men, women, and youth at Centennial Gun Club. He has experience in training beginning shooters as well as advanced shooters wishing to improve their shooting skills. John also instructs the NRA Basic Pistol course, Personal Protection In The Home and Personal Protection Outside The Home courses and NRA Instructor Training courses.
John spent 3 years in the Army form 1966-1969 and upon returning home to Hawaii he worked for Hawaiian Airlines and Outrigger Hotels in training Coordination. John has also worked for Pinkerton Security as the Assistant Branch Manager for the Denver Patrol Division and with Pinkerton Investigations Department.
Concealed Carry Level II, or advanced course in firearms. You must be able to demonstrate competency with your firearm, and excellent weapon safety.
Materials provided by Students:
- Inside or outside the waistband holster that is retained by the belt – no SERPA type holsters i.e., those holsters that would require the trigger finger to deactivate the holster’s retention device.
- Firearm; semi-automatic or revolver.
- A jacket or vest capable of zipping or buttoning up.
- 100 minimum rounds of ammunition for your firearm
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund.
- The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.