Basic Pistol Course
Course Prefix: HT001
NOTE: This course has been discontinued: Please see Dynamics of Pistol Shooting starting December 12, 2016.
This class meets the State of Colorado Concealed Carry Permit requirement.
Materials Provided by Instructor
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Cleaning Equipment
Materials Provided by Student
Pistol* and Ammunition (100 rounds)
Important Notice: Firearms must be kept in a case until instructed otherwise and no ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. Please leave ammunition in your vehicle until you are instructed to retrieve it for ‘live fire’ exercises. *Students who already own a pistol may use it for the course and students who are contemplating gun ownership or planning to purchase a gun later may choose a pistol from the Centennial Gun Club Rental Program at the rate of $12. Students who are interested in the rental program may stop in the retail center or call (303) 662-9900 for additional information.
Basics of Pistol Shooting
Description: The Basics of Pistol Shooting is a two-part course consisting of an e-learning portion, Phase I (completed online-in your own time frame-see link below) at www.nraonlinetraining.org ($60.00 Fee). Phase II is conducted at Centennial Gun Club under the guidance and supervision of an NRA-Certified Instructor ($125.00 Fee).
The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. Some of the topics in the course include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance. When you enroll in the online course, you create a personal identification number (PIN). When you successfully complete the course, printing your certificate activates that PIN. You have 60 days to enroll in a Phase II Instructor Led session. After completion of the e-learning portion go to www.centennialgunclub.com – Hover over the training tab– select Classes-Handgun Training Section-select Basics Pistol – and register. Bring your certificate and PIN number with you to class. During the instructor-led-training portion of the course, an NRA Certified Instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Gun Store at Centennial cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.