AR PLATFORM BUILD
Course Title: AR Platform Build
Session 1: Lower Build
Session 2: Upper Build
*Maybe taken in any order
Cost: $150.00 Per Session
Course Length: 3 hour for each session
Build your own AR platform rifle from the ground up with your parts utilizing our tools and professional instruction. Under the guidance of a military certified armorer, you will be taken step by step through the proper procedure of building out an AR lower and/or upper receiver. Learn a new skill-set and have a firearm you can be proud to say you built yourself.
Lower build kit
Buffer tube & corresponding spring & buffer
Forward assist & dust cover (if not included w/ receiver)
Barrel nut (if not included w/ handguard)
Bolt carrier group
Barrel nut pattern varies between different manufacturers/models, if not the standard Mil Spec AR-15 (M16/M4) pattern, you will need to bring the proper corresponding wrench to the upper build class. In order to be attached to our torque wrenches, the wrench will need to have a ½” drive or the student will need to bring a ½” drive adapter.
We highly recommend you attend one of our free parts selection courses prior to your class date if you need guidance regarding caliber selection or individual item considerations.
No refunds will be issued to students who do not have all needed/correct parts or item specific tools PRIOR to the posted start time of the class.
We have field gauges to check for safe headspace tolerances in the following calibers:
Jesse Cheon is a former USMC Scout Sniper and combat veteran. He has attended and graduated from every available Marine Corps sniper course and cross-trained with some of the best snipers from around the world in 8 countries. He has held every operating sniper billet in the Marines as well as being the Primary Marksmanship Instructor at the Scout Sniper Basic Course in Camp Pendleton, CA from 2005-2008. After serving 9 years with the Marine Corps, Jesse was honorably discharged and began work with the State Department’s High Threat Protection program in Baghdad, Iraq. As a Protective Security Specialist and Designated Defensive Marksman, Mr. Cheon was assigned to the Ambassador’s Protection Detail and was directly responsible for the security of the Ambassador of the United States to Iraq from 2009-2013. Jesse has a passion for teaching marksmanship and is a very laid-back, patient, and experienced instructor. He believes humor and professionalism can coexist to create a relaxing and safe environment that breeds excellence in fundamentals in a fun and rewarding way.
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Centennial Gun Club reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Centennial Gun Club is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF The Centennial Gun Club cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.