CGC AR LOWER BUILD
CGC AR Lower Build
Course Number: BARL01
Course Title: CGC AR Lower Build
You bought a stripped Centennial Gun Club lower assembly and all the parts that go along with it. You open the box and check to make sure you have all the parts you need to put together your first AR lower. You look at the pile of parts and think to yourself, “Now what?”
It doesn’t take a gunsmith to build a custom AR lower. If you follow the step-by-step instructions given by our AR-15 Armorer Bob Schneider in this one of a kind class offered at The Centennial Gun Club.
The AR-15 is divided up into two parts - the lower and upper receivers.
The lower receiver is ma25/de up of 3 main items:
1) Stripped lower receiver – The Centennial Gun Club lower receiver, no moving parts
2) Lower Parts Kit (LPK) - contains all the parts you'll need to complete the lower and assemble the trigger, trigger guard, hammer, magazine catch, and bolt catch
3) Stock - 6 position collapsible stock
You will be able to assemble a completely stripped AR-15 lower receiver and turn it into a functioning AR-15 rifle when you add a complete upper receiver.
Bob Schneider is the owner of JDS Tactical, Inc. and is starting his fourth decade as a certified firearms/armorers instructor. His experience includes a highly decorated career with the Denver, Colorado Police Department. Bob was assigned to the Department’s full time SWAT Unit for 18 years.
After retiring from Denver, Bob became a trainer with the world famous Heckler and Koch International Training Division. There he was awarded the Trainer of the Year and eventually became the Director of Training.
Bob is currently an adjunct instructor for Gunsite Training Academy where he is a Rangemaster for pistol, shotgun, carbine and submachine gun. He is also currently an adjunct instructor for the Sig Sauer Academy where in teaches Armorer’s Certification Courses and he developed the 1911 Operator’s and Armorer’s classes. Bob up dated all of the H&K weapons Armorers Courses and developed the AR15/M4 Armorers Course for Bravo 18/OSS, which is a custom AR15/AK and Suppressor Manufacture.
He has also taught and developed course curriculum for the SureFire Institute, Pepper Ball and ALS Technologies. He is recognizes as an expert in simulation training and has consulted for Ti Training and Real Action Marker.
He has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from Metropolitan State University, which is in Denver, Colorado.
Number of Students: Limited to 20 students per class session
Instructor: Bob Schneider
Lower Assembly , Lower Parts Kit (LPK), Buffer Tube/Stocks: Purchased by students--You must have received your lower and purchased your lower parts kit to build your Centennial Gun Club AR lower or have an AR lower you can work on during the class. The above items are in the Gun Store and my be purchased ahead of time and brought to the class.The instructor does not supply/provide any AR lowers or part kits for students to work on during the class. You must have your own AR lower and parts kit for this class.
Tools: Provided by instructor
- Substitutions of attendee may be made at any time.
- Attendees must cancel at least 72 hours prior to the course date to receive a full refund less a $15 administrative fee.
- For cancellations received within 48 hours of the course date no cash refunds will be provided. Instead, a one-time class rescheduling can be made. A rescheduled course must occur within 12 months from original course date. If a course has not been attended within the 12 month period all course fees are forfeited by the participant.
- Failure to attend the course or cancellations less than 48 hours notification will result in no refund or credit of the course fee or rescheduling.
- The Gun Store at Centennial reserves the right to cancel or reschedule seminars at any time. IF we cancel or reschedule the seminar due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, you are entitled to a full refund. The Gun Store at Centennial is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. IF the Gun Store at Centennial cancels a seminar in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address and check your-email prior to attending class.